Animal lovers are trying to bring about the end to the hideous practice of gassing cats and dogs who are unadopted at the Licking County Animal Shelter in Ohio. This shelter has been in the news recently because of its inhumane treatment of the animals there.
If you have time on March 18th, 2010, please join us in an email campaign to end the suffering caused by use of the gas chamber. There are kinder ways to euthanize. Please read the instructions carefully. You don't have to be an Ohio resident to speak out against the cruelty of this practice here.
Who: YOU and if you can get AT LEAST 5 or more others to also send emails that day
What: send emails to Tim Bubb, Doug Smith & Brad Feightner ALL DAY LONG about getting rid of the gas chamber at LCAS
When: Thursday, March 18th (all day long~ 8am to 5pm)
Where: From your email account(s)
How: emails should be sent to the Licking County Commissioners as follows---
- Send To: Tim Bubb (email@example.com), Brad Feightner (firstname.lastname@example.org), and also Doug Smith (email@example.com)
- Subject: (make this something random, say anything--but nothing about gas chamber in 'subject' line...so they will be forced to open & read the email
- add a "bcc" to firstname.lastname@example.org each email you send (we can then see how many are sent that day)
- tell them they need to get rid of the gas chamber today! Get Another Solution! Good Animals Suffering! Say anything, something, whatever/however you feel, about getting rid of the gas chamber immediately!!
- send MULTIPLE emails that day! the more they get, the better! Have your friends do the same! We want emails to arrive all day long that day!
Wil and I have 2 pets that were rescued from this shelter - Zanooba, our calico cat in 2008, and the recently adopted Arlo, our Aussie mix mutt.