Lately, I've been seeing Best of the Decade lists popping up on the internet, so I decided to do my own. Basically these are shows I've seen and feel have a high quality of geek appeal.
The 15 Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Shows
- Supernatural- Hands down the best. The acting, the continuing storyline, are all superb. And any show that sends one of the main characters to Hell and back is number one on my list.
- Battlestar Galactica- Religion, politics, racism, genocide, and war made this show a shining example of drama as well as science fiction.
- Firefly- A quirky, cult space western that was just the best.
- Chuck- Spies, techno-geeks and great TV.
- Doctor Who- It's Doctor Who, what more is needed.
- Carnivale- Spooky, bizarre and wonderful.
- Torchwood- The Doctor Who spinoff had its flaws, but this last season was spellbinding.
- Farscape- Technically started in 1999, but most of the seasons were in this decade as well as the mini-series. Any show that can combine sci-fi, live actors, puppets and make it work is on the list.
- Wonderfalls- Short-lived, but a great show.
- Lost- A mystery wrapped in an enigma, that has spawned countless theories.
- Dollhouse- Flawed, but the questions and controversy raised in the show are fascinating.
- Fringe- This one deserves a place just for the character interactions between Walter and Peter Bishop.
- Pushing Daisies- A weird little fairy tale of a show.
- Jericho- Nuclear disaster, and great acting put it on the list (and the 'Save Jericho' peanut campaign helped; you can't get geekier than that).
- Eureka- A comic satire that is both geeky and cool.
Here are some non-fantasy/sci-fi honorable mentions for geeks:
- Veronica Mars
Now feel free to agree, complain, add your own, re-do the order, or just tell me I'm totally clueless.