Luke loves playing with playdough! Especially when he is stuck in the house on a snowy day! This is how we make it:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a bowl.
3. Remove liquids from heat and add to dry ingredients.
4. Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don't have it on hand.
5. Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.