What's on your social media wish list? Kristin Burnham over at CIO.com has an interesting article with a wish list of 5 Twitter features she most wants the Twitter team to add to the micro-blogging social media phenom in 2010. Here's the list:
- Threading tweets - I think this is a must-have. This is one of the features of Google Wave (in my limited test usage of the new app). It's very useful and will become even more so as more people use the service and interact on Twitter.
- Delete-all function for direct messages - I don't get many DMs at all, even spam DMs. This isn't a pressing issue for me, but it seems like it would make sense to have.
- Group messaging - I think this is another must-have feature. It would be great to be able to tweet out to specific lists.
- Receiving notifications of @ replies - I can see the use of this. Prevents what I sometimes do - checking to see if someone's replied to me. It's an extra step to go to Twitter.com or TweetDeck rather than just check email. It would be nice to get notifications of @ replies, although I would probably want to be able to set it for certain tweeps - getting emails every time someone replied would get tedious and fill my inbox.
- Better search capabilities - A great idea. Not a huge priority for me personally but search is becoming a surprisingly useful side benefits of social media.
What do you think of Burnham's list? Are there any other features you'd like to see Twitter add over the next year?