Here are some facts from the Heritage Foundation:
- January 2008 under George W. Bush unemployment stood at 4.9%
- January 2009 unemployment at 7.6%. (Under Bush)
- December 2009 after 11 months of Obama we are at 10%, down from 10.2%. Yeah!
- Since January 2009, the US has lost 3.5 million jobs.
Watching the NBC news this morning they happily reported the economic good news:
- The Obama administration good news is that unemployment dropped by .2% this month
- We only lost 11,000 jobs in December.
Now ask those 11,000 how good it was to lose their jobs in December. What of the .2% that went down? Are they employed or did they just lose their benefits? What of the businesses going under because of government regulations? They don't get unemployment, but they are Americans as well. They are unemployed.
Bottom line, socialism doesn't work. Vote Republican in 2010 and 2012 and maybe we can get back our sorry 4.9% employment that seemed so bad under Bush..