One of the questions members frequently ask the Support team is for tips on how to get more views to their content so they can earn more points. An easy way to do this is by checking to see what is being searched for on the major search engines and to pick a topic that interests you from the list of top searched trends to write about.
The Google trends list is updated very regularly throughout the day. Iâ€™ve attached this morning's list below, and Iâ€™ll be publishing this list daily to the Earn More Points and SEO groups. Feel free to check out these posts for ideas. If you write about one of the items on the hot trends list, and use the keywords that are being searched on, your content will be one of the items returned in the search engines and youâ€™ll draw more viewers to your content.
Here are some guidelines on how to write content that will draw more viewers:
- You need to choose the right keywords to be Search Engine Optimized. Use the keyword phrase at the beginning of your title and in the first sentence of your post.
- To find the right keyword phrases check Google Trends (http://google.com/trends) to see whatâ€™s trending. Youâ€™ll often see popular TV shows, news items, sports events, lottery numbers, celebrity news and weather events.
- You can also check Twitter (http://twitter.com/trendingtopics).
- Another way to get the keywords is to go to Google and type in the name of the item youâ€™re considering writing about, such as your favorite TV show or sports team. Youâ€™ll see some phrase search options appear under where youâ€™re typing â€“ any of those could be keywords to use so pick the one that applies best.
- Hereâ€™s an example of a TV show title that works: â€œWeeds Episode 6 Season 5: A Modest Proposal (with translation) â€“ Did you watch!?â€ (click here to read the post) This title works because it lists the show, the season and the episode number. This is most often the way that searchers on Google look for the show theyâ€™re searching
- To be quickly picked up by the Google Search Engine you should publish to Gatherâ€™s News Essential (http://news.gather.com) and appear on the groupâ€™s homepage. To do that you need to use certain tags. Make sure when publishing to this group that you use at least one of the following tags: Top Stories, Commentary, Entertainment, International, National, Sports.Â You can also publish your content to another few groups that are relevant, but not more than 4 or 5 groups.
- Read Tom's series published to Earn More Points for ways to maximize your point earnings on Gather.
Below is a list of the top 40 trends being searched on Google as of 10:00am ET today. Check here for the latest trends. Is there anything here youâ€™d like to write about? Give it a try and see how you do.