Hancock is one of the most idiotic and ridiculous roles I have ever seen the Hollywood star and actor Will Smith perform. Hopefully that one sentence gives you a clue how much I enjoyed this film.
Will Smith plays Hancock
Charlize Theron plays Mary Embrey
Jason Bateman plays Ray Embrey
Jae Head plays Aaron Embrey
According to my standards concerning movie reviews I would give this a very generous 2 out of 10. I'm being very generous about that score as well.
INTRO & ABOUT THE MOVIE
Hancock is supposed to be a super hero, but in fact he is a drunk, a bum who lost his memory and here's the corniest part, he doesn't even know his real name. How lame is that? Especially since, he has a lot of similar super power characteristics as Superman does (regarding strength, speed, and flying ability). It's actually not Hancock's fault that he doesn't know his real name. I blame the Director of the film. Even the city of Los Angles' people doesn't like him at all in the beginning.
I was very surprised to see it actual won The Teen Choice Award in the category: Choice Summer Movie: Action Adventure.
And it was nominated as The Golden Trailer in the category: Summer 2008 Blockbuster.
I refuse to say anything else about the movie, for those who might have much respect for Will Smith to want to watch the film just because of him.
Although, I didn't like the overall theme or the storyline of the movie, I'm a optimistic person, who seems to find good in everything! So, next I will tell you what I did like about the film.
- The demonstration of his strength toward the end
- Hancock's willingness to sacrifice his life; so someone else can live (that's really the only part of the movie where he looks like a SUPER HERO)
- I really enjoyed the ending scenes (I don't want to reveal about the film so, I'll leave this comment as is)
- Lots of laughs from the comical antics by Will Smith
- Full of 85% action throughout the entire movie
- Jae Head plays Aaron Embrey (a star performance as the innocent, loving and trusting role of a kid)
Although, I did like some scenes mentioned above. Next I will tell you what I did not like about this film.
- Charlize Theron plays Mary Embrey (Terrible performance as the wife of Ray Embrey)
- Jason Bateman plays Ray Embrey (Mediocre performance as a professional PR executive)
- The unnecessarily use of foul language
- It sends the wrong message to kids in my opinion
- The story line is simply NOT believable
- The way Hancock discovers his super power weaknesses
- Hancock's would be villains are a joke
- The highway speed chase toward the beginning
- The hospital scene toward the end
If I could do it all over again, I would have spent the movie money at the arcade instead of watching this movie.
This movie deserves 1/4 of a -5 stars in my opinion. No offense to all the Will Smith fans. I am a fan of his work as well, but this one took the cake!
|Advantages:||Famous Actor ~ Will Smith|
|Disadvantages:||Storyline and Famous Actor ~ Will Smith (character Not believable)|
|Recommend to potential buyers:||no|