- 3 T butter
- ½ c diced potatoes
- ½ c chopped onions
- ¼ c sliced celery
- ½ c sliced carrots
- ¼ c frozen peas
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/8 t. ground pepper
- ¼ t ground sage
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up in bite size pieces
In one pan I brown the chicken until done. In another pan, I melt the butter and sauté all the vegetables except the peas until soft. Once veggies are ready, add peas and chicken. Mix the soup and spices into mixture.
Here's several things you can do with this mixture:
1) To make an actual pot pie, take 2 frozen pie shells. In one pie shell, pour mixture in. Take the other and place on top of this. Press edges together. Bake 10 minutes at 400 F. Reduce heat to 350 F, bake additional 40 minutes.
2) No pie shells in the freezer, no worries. Make it using Pillsbury biscuits. Take biscuits out of tube and flatten with rolling pin. Scoop and healthy amount of filling on top and place another flattened biscuit on top. Press edges together. Bake in oven according to directions on biscuit tube.
3) Want something even quicker. Cook some instant rice and dump this mixture on top.
4) My favorite - Fill mixture in oven save crock and top it with either a flattened biscuit or use 2 Pillsbury Crescent rolls. Bake according to the instructions on package. Below are pics using biscuits.
Hope you enjoy this.