Mixed-Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup low fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can unsalted, diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 can or jar of mushrooms or mushroom pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow squash, shredded
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook done but still firm. Drain , add oil, toss and set aside.
Using a large skillet over medium heat, heat the broth. Add garlic, onion and tomatoes. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook untilslightly tender, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
Add the vegetable mix to the pasta. Toss to mix evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1-2 hours.
Makes 14 servings.
Per serving: 140 calories, 2.5 g. total fat (0 g. saturated fat), 24 g. carbohydrate,