ROFLOL I'm just laughing at thinking back at this one. Earlier I was working on the wands for our Harry Potter costumes and boy are they tricky! I thought I'd have this brill idea to not use the Elmer's glue since it's very wet and I worried it'd warp or rip the paper. So, I used double stick tape and the paint to stick it down. It worked okay, really, I mean their wands are kinda bumpy anyway, so where the paper rolled isn't a worry.
Anyway, I stuck the handles on my pinky fingers because I had to hold it somehow without being all paint (though I did smear the paint around with my fingers to get the paper stick) And it worked wonderfully with my wand (which wound out somewhat longer than Gideon's - must've wound the paper differently)
Then I get to Gideon's wand and I paint it and hey I know what I'm doing since it worked well on mine, right? Um, not quite, LOL.
You see, the wand kinda sorta got stuck on my finger... and I couldn't get it off! Mind you this is just a paper wand with wet, slippery paint on it so right now at this point it's pretty flimsy - or at least can't be smooshed and grabbed and pulled off!
I got a pencil and poked around the opening thinking some paint got there and dried and made it stick. Well, I got it off, but the end ripped slightly. It should be fine, though because that's where it'll be held AND Harry's wand has like a candle wax dribble pattern on that end, so it should be ok.
If it's not okay, I promised Gideon that I'd make him another one.
Sheesh - yep, I'm really getting into this costume, ROFLOL! There's still a few more things to do with the wands, but here they are at the current moment.
My wand drying by the window.
Gideon's wand drying by the window.
Previous editions of my costuming saga (lol!)
and the one that started it all: Woohoo Harry Potter Adventure Tickets SECURED!