The drama on Dancing With The Stars continues with another injury and dropout, which makes me wonder if there really is a Dancing With The Stars curse. Dancing With The Stars contestant Nancy O' Dell has had to bow out of the show after tearing her meniscus.
Who is taking her place? None other than The Bachelor's dumped bachelorette, Melissa Rycroft. In the season finale, Bachelor Jason Mesnick proposed to Rycroft only to dump her on national television in the After the Final Rose show (actually taped six weeks later). Mesnick then went back to his number two choice. I wonder how Melissa will fare in her turn on Dancing With The Stars.
And if you haven't seen it already, here is the entire season eight Dancing With The Stars adjusted lineup:
- Playboy Playmate Holly Madison and first-time Dancing pro Dmitry Chaplin
- Rodeo star Ty Murray (Jewel's husband) and first-time Dancing pro Chelsie Hightower
- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska
- Country singer Chuck Wicks and two-time champ Julianne Hough
- Actor Gilles Marini and two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke
- Actress Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and season six champ Mark Ballas
- Reality star Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer
- Pop star Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts
- Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff
- The Bachelor's Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
- Actor David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson
- Rapper Lil' Kim and season seven champ Derek Hough
Do you have any favorites? Who do you think will get voted off first and who do you think will make it to the end of season 8 of Dancing With The Stars? I'm thinking that Steve Wozniak will be the first to go. He doesn't look that nimble.
Dancing With The Stars season 8 starts TONIGHT!! Monday, March 9th 8/7c on abc. Mark your calendars. It's going to be a good season!
AND JOIN THE DANCING WITH THE STARS GROUP. I will be blogging all season, so join in the conversation!