Funny man Seth Rogen may appear on the cover of the March issue of Playboy, though his publicist is mum for now. Don’t worry boys – he won’t be doing a nude photo shoot! Rumor is he’ll appear on the cover with Hope Dworacyk, Jason Kidd’s girlfriend.
It isn’t often that men appear on the cover of Playboy. Here’s a short list of the celebrity men who have received this “honor”:
1. April 1964 – Peter Sellers w/ Karen Lynn
2. October 1979 – Burt Reynolds w/ Gig Gangel
3. January 1980 – Steve Martin w/ Amy Miller and Michele Drake
4. May 1984 – Phillip Anderson w/ Rita Jenrette
5. September 1987 – Timothy Dalton w/ Maryam D’Abo
6. March 1990 – Donald Trump w/ Brandi Brandt
7. August 1993 – Dan Akroyd w/ Pamela Anderson
8. October 1993 – Jerry Seinfeld w/ 8 Playmates
9. February 1996 – Leslie Nielson w/ Sandra Taylor, Catherine Shaw, and Traci Adell
10. March 199 - Gene Simmons w/ 3 Playmates
There’s an obvious reason while men rarely appear on the cover. But I can’t quite understand why the men above are the “chosen ones”. Why do you think Hef picked them? I’d expect heartthrobs to be selected, but since straight men are the main demographic, maybe funny guys may be more appealing. Way to go, Seth. I’m sure it will be one of your more enjoyable photo shoots.