T Cheri P shared a post In your senior year
So did Bridget S In my Senior year
And Rob Appell did something a little different. School Daze...The Final Years
So I figured I should take a crack at this.
IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school?
No. I did date someone who was from my previous school. I attended school in one district from kindergarten through 9th grade, then moved in high school.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No, but I did marry the guy I dated in high school, who had been from my elementary and junior high classes.
3. Did you car pool to school?
I walked to school. Back in the dinosaur days, kids weren't allowed to drive to school. Where I lived, you either walked or took public transportation - buses or trolleys - also called streetcars.
4. What kind of car did you have?
Didn't drive to school. Didn't drive much at all. If I did, it was the family car, whatever that was.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
1992 Chevy Cavalier
6. Its Friday night...where are you now?
Gathering early in the evening, then watching Numb3rs at 10.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
Probably at the drive-in.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
No job. My parents didn't think high schoolers should work. Our job was to graduate.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
Homemaker. Have had lots of jobs, though. Regional Sales Director, Daycare Director, Marketing Director, Executive Secretary, Community News Editor.
10. Were you a party animal?
11. Were you considered a flirt?
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
In elementary and jr. high I played violin in the orchestra. In high school, I was in the choir.
13. Were you a nerd?
Um...they called me a bookworm.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
In high school, no. In jr. high, almost. My friends and I hid the orchestra instruments in the rifle range so we didn't have to play the spring concert. Didn't work.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
No, but I can sing the alma mater.
Alma mater, now and ever,
Shall we raise our song to thee.
Every son and every daughter,
Pledging love and loyalty.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
My English teacher.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Stood in the hallway eating a nutty buddy. The cafeteria had a roach crawling on the wall the first day of school, and my friends and I wouldn't eat there, or eat anything that wasn't packaged.
18. What was your school's full name?
South Hills High School
19. When did you graduate?
20. What was your school mascot?
I'm not sure we had one.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
Sure. Went to two proms - mine and his.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Nope. We were married for five years. He was an abuser.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
We've only had one - 20 years. Sure hope we have another soon...before everyone dies.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Yes, a few.
26. School Colors?
Blue and gold.
27. What celebrities came from your high school?
I'm sure there were some - at least local celebrities - since the high school was open from the 1920s to the 1980s.
28. Biggest crush in high school?
29. Did he/she know?
30. How much do you miss high school?
Not at all.