A Regina man who had been working on his tan when his tanning bed burst into flames says it was a close call that he managed to escape without a major injury.
"I barely made it," Jason Viles said Monday, about an hour after his escape.
The fire broke out around 11 a.m. Monday at the Millennium Tanning Salon in Regina, close to the downtown.
Viles was inside a tanning bed when he heard a pop, smelled smoke and found himself locked into the tanning bed. He narrowly escaped serious injury by kicking out a stereo and crawling out the back of the apparatus.