Every month we order the Ultimate Fighting Championship on pay per view and have friends come over for food & a fight. This month, the fight is held in Dublin, Ireland...and this has never been a problem when we were with Comcast because it would always air at the 'normal time' (7pm pacific) even though it is being broadcast from another country. It would air earlier in the day but we would skip that one and watch it again later at night. It was NEVER a problem to do this before, but when I tried to order the event online at Dish Network - the times available to choose from were nowhere NEAR 7pm pacific time even though our guide on TV said it would air at 7pm. The times available started TOMORROW at 2am and went on from there. Since I was online... I decided I'd try their online chat feature and expected to get immediate help but boy was I wrong! This is what happened:
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Steve K.
(03) Steve K: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Faith Branson: I am trying to order the UFC 93 pay per view but am confused about which time to request. It is live in Ireland... and normally pay per views start at 7pm here in Oregon. 7pm is not an available time... which time do I request?
(03) Steve K: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
Faith Branson: thanks
(03) Steve K: Well, we have a fight starts at 11: 30 AM.
Faith Branson: on our guide... it shows that it starts at 7pm here... but that is not an available time to select online when ordering the pay per view event
(03) Steve K: Please give me 2-3 minutes.
Faith Branson: thank you VERY much
Faith Branson: It is confusing because I don't know if the time on the order page is showing Ireland time or what time it would air for us, here in Oregon
(03) Steve K: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Steve K: The fight in Oregan starts at 11:30 AM.
Faith Branson: no problem. we always invite people over to watch it... so we need to tell them what time to be here.
Faith Branson: OK it's already past 11:30 here so what time will it air again?
Faith Branson: and... how do I get it ordered since the earliest time on the online ordering page shows that it starts tomorrow at 2:00 am .
(03) Steve K: The event will air at 2:30 PM ET.
Faith Branson: ok I understand that. I just need to get this fight ordered.
Faith Branson: our guide on our TV shows that it is on at 7:00 pm (pacific) on channel 455. I need to know how to order this pay per view online so that we can watch it at 7:00 pm pacific time TONIGHT
(03) Steve K: Well, you order it for 2:00 PM et.
(03) Steve K: ET*
(03) Steve K: The fight will air at 7:00 PM.
Faith Branson: ok, we are not ahead... we're behind. if we ordered it for 2pm EST then it would only be 11am here.
(03) Steve K: That's fine.
(03) Steve K: Is there another issue that I may assist you with?
Faith Branson: um you haven't helped me yet
(03) Steve K: I apologize for any inconvenience.
Faith Branson: sorry, i'm not trying to be rude but I don't think you're understanding what I'm asking
Faith Branson: I have been saying that I'm trying to order the pay per view. we haven't even been able to order it yet because when I try to order it online, the only available times are listed TOMORROW.
Faith Branson: but our guide says it's on TODAY
(03) Steve K: If you wish, I'll order it for you.
Faith Branson: I just need to get the fight ordered so we can access it on our TV at 7pm tonight.
Faith Branson: that would be great since the times listed online when I try to order are nowhere near the time it says it will air on TV
(03) Steve K: As per the address and zip code, I see that the fight starts at 11:30 AM ( Oregan).
Faith Branson: ok that's great and all .. but I already told you that it is past 11:30 am here in Oregon. It is 12:30 here.
Faith Branson: what time will it re-air???
(03) Steve K: Well, we don't have that information.
Faith Branson: OK the info on our guide on our television says that it is on tonight at 7pm
Faith Branson: my husband is just going to call you guys because this isn't working. what is your cust. service number?
(03) Steve K: It is 1-800-333-3474.
Faith Branson: thanks
Faith Branson: hopefully they will help us. we've NEVER had this problem before. we came from comcast and this was never an issue.
Faith Branson: thanks for your time. have a nice day
(03) Steve K: You are welcome.
(03) Steve K: Do you have anymore questions for me?
(03) Steve K: I have not heard from you in a while, are you still with me?
Faith Branson: Nope. my husband is on the phone right now .
(03) Steve K: Since you have indicated that there is nothing more that I can assist you with, I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
Anyway... obviously I didn't get ANY help from this guy so my husband is on the phone right now with them so HOPEFULLY he'll get some help from them. My god... I get so tired of trying to deal with people!!!
Do YOU have Dish Network? How do you feel about their company? I have lots more to say about them and what we've experienced in the short time I've been with them but I'll have to save that all for another day.