"Why this year?" I've been asked time and time again by friends and family. Why this year? I say, "Why not!"
My health has been declining for years and while before I was able to look at it as such and turn the other cheek, it's not possible anymore. I feel like my family is disintegrating right in front of me. I feel like I am disintegrating in front of myself.
That's just not it though. Aside from health goals, I do have other goals I want to accomplish this year. New Years Resolutions never get anywhere, and that is why I choose not to call them such.
1.Work on eating more food - I rarely eat anymore. Usually it's a packet of oatmeal or something small for breakfast and a granola bar for lunch with a bottle of water and no dinner. I need to eat more calories.
2. Work on eating healthier - Yes, this goes in hand with the previous statement.
3. Work on losing weight - I'm roughly 55 pounds overweight. Granted I haven't gained anything additional since 2001, but I want to lose what excess I have.
4. Learn to crochet - I got a ball of yarn and a crochet needle as a gift for Christmas and have been rather unsuccessful even after looking at videos and tutorials online. I have no patience for this, yet, I have no qualms over finger knitting.
5. Writing - I'm not a professional writer. I've had things, a lot of articles actually published in the local newspaper but none later than June 2002. I want to write again, only fiction this time around. I have a great story line, and I want to be able to finish it without going off on a tangent.I started writing this story after my last article was published. It's time to finish it whether I chase my dream of getting it published or not. Maybe once I have it written and complete I can better tweak it to make it publishable. I also have a true story I want to publish, but I can't finish something that hasn't ended. I'll know when it ends, and I have a long time to decide that.
6. My health problems don't start at eating healthier and my lack of appetite.They go way beyond that. I'd care not to elaborate here, if you really want to know, private email me.
These are only a fraction of my goals, issues or whatever you want to call them. This year, I'm going to tackle a lot of them.