- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Powdered sugar
1. In small saucepan combine honey and butter; cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat; pour in large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
2. In another bowl stir together flour, sugar, ginger, baking soda, and pepper; set aside. Stir egg into honey mixture. Gradually stir or knead in flour mixture. Cover; chill 1 hour or until easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough into 12 portions. On lightly floured surface roll each portion into 10-inch rope. Cut ropes in 1/2-inch pieces; place 1/2 inch apart in ungreased shallow baking pan.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Cool on paper towels. Roll in powdered sugar. Makes 240 tiny cookies (40 servings, 6 cookies per serving).
5. Store in airtight container in layers separated by waxed paper at room temperature up to 3 days. Freeze up to 3 months.