Queen Oprah thought a statement would quell the rumors about infighting over a Sarah Palin interview, so she issued the following statement.
"The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over." - Oprah Winfrey, September 5, 2008
Well, it seems that has done nothing to quell the backlash against her as the comments from her website show:
If O didnt have a show, how could she throw all that dough to Mr. Experience zerO.
Oprah is a just another liberal media sheephearder. Hey, it is her show she can do as she wishes. SO wil my family and I. We are finished with the show, magazine, books. Until O can release some of her bias and get back to a objective dialog withthe people that made her rich and powerful, well, it's boycott time.
Speaking of the bookclub...The Road bt Cormac McCarthy. Who would you rather have walking your son down the road, Oprah or Sarah Palin?
2. Oprah, you just lost a lot of credibility. If Sarah Palin was a Democrat, or on Obama's ticket, she likely would be on your show, and most people realize the double standard you are advocating. And to say there has been "absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show" is very hard to believe.
Go ahead and keep her off the show. You will be contributing to the public's backlash to the media that will sweep McCain/Palin into the White House.
I can tell you that Sarah is very popular. I know several women who are voting for McCain as a direct result of Sarah Palin. These are educated, intelligent and independent women, not women who will vote for any woman candidate. Several of them were intending to vote for Obama, but now will vote McCain/Palin.
3. You have become such a major disappointment to me (and many of my girlfriends) over the past couple of years. I have been a huge fan for many of my years. But I disassociate myself with anything Oprah from now on. You truly irked me when you threw Obama to the media forefront for your own personal gain and to suffocate us with your political position. It comes across as your nauseating love for the man started just because he's black. As an Illinois citizen, I will tell you this man has done crap as a lawmaker. Ooops, I am wrong. He did vote to NOT sustain the life of an aborted baby if it happens to survive it's crucifixion...just let it lay there and flail and whimper til he/she dies...perfect! You have distanced yourself from Christianity and put your faith in New Age materials (I certainly hope I am not standing behind YOU on judgment day). You claim to have been turned off by the Christian faith since you heard a sermon that spoke of our God as a jealous God. You (as all of us) have so much to learn. Our God IS a jealous God. He wants our devotion, attention and service honoring His glory and not for worldly gain. If you would have just sought the pastor to ask, it would have been crystal clear to you. Then there was that idiotic video you took of you and Gail on your road trip. I knew I was watching worthless television when you didn't even know how to pump gas...you should have been ashamed to proudly proclaim you didn't know how to work a gas pump. I thought you had "meager" beginnings. Have you become such an elitist or as I like to say "snob" that you can't even function with the most basic of all daily routines??? And now, you refuse to have Sarah Palin on...is her life story not as worthy as the black man's? Are you afraid she will ultimately make a fool out of YOU with her intellect and passion and experiences??? Like I said...truly disappointed in you; but only a little surprised! And if you don't post this opinion...that will speak volumes to me!!!
4. Your post is categorically garbage. For a woman who wants to empower women this isn' t the way to do it. The stand up thing to do is to say, yes, I support Obama, but Palin is welcome on the show. After the election she will be VP and won't give you the time of day as you will not give her now (and good for her). Highly disappointing.
5. Oprah, look at this very website. It is saturated with advice and encouragement for women to live their lives to the fullest! Do you only mean certain women? I am sick to my stomach at your hypocracy Oprah- You have saddened so many of your Loyal fans.
6. Oh Please! First of all, who say's Palin would even want to come on Oprah and tout herself to the Pop Culture crowd! Get over yourself, Oprah!
7. Little scared of another women with potentially more power than herself? Very sad, I thought Oprah was braver than that. Oh well, the power of ideas. Prepare for the backlash
Seems to me that Oprah has herself a little pr problem. There are hundreds of pages of comments, all maligning Oprah for her bias. I guess she is one of those people who can support a candidate, but present another historical candidate. Well, I hope Obama is worth it in the end, but odds are, he'll be sent packing, and then so will her show.