- 3 1/4 cups Mountain Dew soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package Sure Jell pectin
- Read the directions for jelly on the Sure Jell box. :) Get your canning implements ready, and make sure your jars are prepped and clean.
- In a large pot, combine the Mt. Dew and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Follow the Sure Jell directions for making jelly.
- Pour the jelly into clean, prepared jars.
- Prepare a canning pot with boiling water, and process the jars in the boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 to 4 pints of jelly, depending on whether or not you reduce the liquid (see note below).
- Note: if you would like your jelly to have a more concentrated flavor you can use more Dew reduce the liquid over heat to get the 3 1/4 cups.
I found this recipe online while searching for the new New Dew flavors to see what was written online about them. I thought it unusual, and well something I thought others might have an interest in. I have all intentions of trying this out some time. All reviews I have read amongst several websites, including Recipezaar and other reputable recipe sites have been positive. If someone else wishes to try this out before I get around to it, please post your review here.