The specific elements I'm looking for:
- online (This is a must.)
- all genuine developmental critique (No dreck comments such as, "Nice story." or "Good job.")
- crits include at least one suggested market for publication
- all work submitted to the group receives a fair amount of genuine crit quickly (at least 8 to 10 crits).
- positive, constructive environment
- all members are published authors or those actively striving for publication
- no participation requirements (Some groups require you to write X number of other crits of X length before posting your own, and considering the amount of travel I do, that won't work.)
Places I've already tried and nixed:
- The Inkslingers
- Elfwood (for a few sci-fi/horror pieces)
- Gather (not all groups obviously, but a few with no luck, so if you know of one that *truly* fits the above, please let me know).