Here's a synopsis of the movie from fandango.com just in case you're not aware of it:
- Made of Honor
- Opened May 2, 2008 | Runtime: 1 hr. 41 min.
- PG-13 sexual content and language
- Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Michelle Monaghan, Kevin McKidd, Kathleen Quinlan, Sydney Pollack
- Director: Paul Weiland
- Genres: Romantic Comedy, Comedy
- For Tom (Patrick Dempsey), life is good: he's sexy, successful, has great luck with the ladies, and knows he can always rely on Hannah (Michelle Monaghan), his delightful best friend and the one constant in his life. It's the perfect setup until Hannah goes overseas to Scotland on a six-week business trip... and Tom is stunned to realize how empty his life is without her. He resolves that when she gets back, he'll ask Hannah to marry him -- but is floored when he learns that she has become engaged to a handsome and wealthy Scotsman and plans to move overseas. When Hannah asks Tom to be her "maid" of honor, he reluctantly agrees to fill the role... but only so he can attempt to woo Hannah and stop the wedding before it's too late
Â My husband and I went to see this movie yesterday. I have to say that I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for quite a long time. Ever since I saw the first preview for it, I knew I'd have to go see it.Â I love romantic comedies, and this one looked great. I read an online review for the movie last week that said it was like a gender-reversed version of My Best Friend's Wedding, meaning that Patrick Dempsey's character was similar to Julia Roberts' character in My Best Friend's Wedding. Reading that review made me aÂ bit discouraged and made me hope that the movie wouldn't be like that. While I do LOVE My Best Friend's Wedding, I wasn't in the mood to see a movie just like it.Â
I convinced my husband to take me to see Made of Honor yesterday. I am so glad we saw this movie. The movie was awesome!! It kept you guessing until the end, and had lots of comedy, romance, drama, and cute little moments. I would say that I have to disagree with that online review I read about it being so similar to My Best Friend's Wedding. It's not really similar to me at all. I guess I can see how one would make the comparison....both are about good friend's who don't realize there's a deeper love between them until one friend gets engaged. But I think that the similarities end there.
To me, this movie can best be described as a combination of Three Men and a little Lady, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Friends, if that makes any sense. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good love story, a story of friendship, a story of competition, and a good comedy all wrapped up into one. I would give this movie a grade of A.
Just an FYI for all the guys out there, this isÂ NOT necessarily a CHICK FLICK. While my husband didn't like it as much as I did, he still said it was a good movie. So, women, feel free to take your husbands to this movie and enjoy!