Here's a short synopsis of the movie from fandango.com in case you've never heard of it:
- Baby Mama
- Opened April 25, 2008 | Runtime: 1 hr. 36 min.
- PG-13 crude and sexual humor, language and a drug reference
- Cast: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Greg Kinnear, Dax Shepard, Romany Malco, Sigourney Weaver
- Director: Michael McCullers
- Genres: Comedy, Odd Couple Film
- When single executive Kate Holbrook (Tina Fey) decides the time is right to finally have a baby, she hires a working-class woman (Amy Poehler) from South Philadelphia to act as her surrogate mother. However, Kate's careful planning goes out the window when the woman shows up on her doorstep needing a place to live. A comic battle of wills breaks out between the pair as they prepare for the blessed event and try not to kill one another in the process.
Â My husband and I went to see this movie last Saturday afternoon. I have to admit that I had high hopes for this movie after seeing the trailers. I LOVE Tina Fey and think she's a brilliant comedian and thought this movie would be great since she was the star. Well, what they don't tell you is that Tina Fey did NOT write this movie! I suppose that if I'd done some research before going to see it that I would have realized that, but I just assumed that she wrote it, and that it would be super funny. Well, she didn't and it wasn't.
Don't get me wrong, there were some funny moments. There were even some laugh out loud moments. But more often than not, I found my mind wandering during the film. There were a few plot twists that kept you guessing, but I went for the comedy, and felt let down. Overally, I'd say this is the kind of movie you wait to rent, or better yet, borrow from a friend for free. I'd give it a grade of C-