Recognizing The Symptoms
The successful diagnosis of adult dyslexia is all about recognizing the symptoms that indicate some sort of neurological disorder. Ask the following questions to yourself in order to identify the actual problem:
- Do you always get confused with the different combinations of words?
- Do you find it difficult to retrieve the correct meaning of an individual word while reading? Sometimes, you actually know the meaning, but you are unable to retrieve it when needed.
- When you read a passage, do you find it difficult to understand its meaning?
- Do you find it difficult to distinguish different sounds in words?
- Do you always confused with words like before/after, right/left, etc?
- Do you tend to misspell words?
- Another good Adult Dyslexia Test is to find out if you confuse words like "dose" with "does".
- Are you good at memorizing things but bad at communicating the same?
Applying The Correct Treatment
If you find some of the above symptoms in yourself, the next step is to find the correct treatment for this adult dyslexia problem. One of the best treatments is to focus on improving your coordination. This involves an exercise regimen that stimulates the cerebellum section of the brain. Some of these exercises may include the following:-
· Standing on a ball
· Walking down the stairs backwards with your eyes closed
· Tossing a bean bag from one hand to the other
Such treatments are more popularly known as "brain gym" dyslexia treatments. They have proven to be very successful. In fact, as per the latest statistics, in US alone, in ten out of twelve cases of adult dyslexia, no symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder were found after the complete course of such therapy. However, the rate of improvement and progress may vary depending upon the intelligence level of the candidate, but slow or fast, improvement is guaranteed.
END AKISMET -->
This article has been flagged as spam, if you think this is an error please contact us.