(From the project description. See MPR's Minnesota 150 collection page)
Share your history with us here on Gather! We may point to your self-produced story in our MN150 collection, which is a great way to see the state's history intersect with our personal one. Know I'm especially interested in your video storytelling, whether you simply record a face-to-face interview with your family historian or if you try your hand at a fully-fledged mini-documentary.
Please answer these questions in your story:
- When did you or your ancestors arrive in Minnesota?
- Why did you or your family come to Minnesota? Examples: Did land or employment bring you to the state? Was education or proximity to friends a factor?
- Where (geographically) did you come from and how did you or your ancestors arrive? By plane, car, train, horse, boat, bus? Maybe even on foot?
- If you didn't stay in Minnesota, where did you go?
Join our Minnesota Arrival group on Gather.com. Create and upload a video or publish your own articleÂ on how you arrived in Minnesota, and let's share a little history.
Minnesota Public Radio
American Public Media
- Get tips on how to record and capture your family history