This is what I do:
- Buy around ten little plastic containers of baby food. Test to see what your baby likes/ dislikes.
- Save the containers!
- Steam frozen veggies, let cool then blend in a blender or food processor. Puree until it's smooth and free of chunks. Add water as needed.
- You can be creative and do any kind of medley.
- You can also use canned veggies and fruit too. Just be sure not to buy the kind that has syrup in it.
- Pour into ice cube trays, freeze, then pop out into freezer safe plastic bags for easy storage. It's always good to label and date the bag.
- Place a cube in each container and place in the fridge as needed.
- The only time I buy store baby food is for my diaper bag. That way it never spoils and I always have some on hand.
What it would cost for one jar of food at the store you can make twelve at home. And it's fresh! You can take the same idea and make dinners too. Be creative and have fun!