"Actor Heath Ledger was found deadTuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, theNew York Police Department said.
The Academy Award-nominated actor was 28.
Ledgerwas found naked and unresponsive, facedown on the floor at the foot ofhis bed by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with amasseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.
"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN.
"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."
The above was taken from this site, where you can read the entire story: