The game that's got my attention lately is a fun free webgame called MyMiniCity. In this game, you create a little city and watch it grow. It's very simple to set up, and a lot of fun to watch it grow. Here's a little FAQ on how to make and maintain your minicity.
Create a City
1. Go to myminicity.com
2. Choose a country for your city to be located. (We chose the United States)
3. Choose a name for your city. (We named ours LUCKEY )
4. You now have a city! It is tiny, but it will grow. Take a look at your city's url - this is important. It will be located at http://(yourcityname).myminicity.com . (Our city is located at http://luckey.myminicity.com )
Congratulations! You now have your very own city! You may want to leave a note on your message board welcoming new citizens. Now it's time to make your city grow.
Developing Your City
Remember your URL from the previous step? This is how you make your city grow! For each person that clicks on the URL, you gain one person in population. The more people you have, the more your city grows.
1. Post your URL to your blog, Gather, everywhere you can! Your city will grow in population and rise through the ranks towards becoming the most popular city in your area.
2. When your population reaches a high enough rank, another link will appear - this is your industry link. It's the same as your regular link, only with /ind at the end. You want to start posting this link as well - because this will help your city by building factories. Factories are important to keep your unemployment rates down. If unemployment is too high, some citizens may move out for other areas. (Our town's industry link is http://luckey.myminicity.com/ind )
3. When you have enough industry, you need a better transportation system. The transportation available to your population is listed as a percentage. What happens when it gets too low? You could have a citizen move out for a better area. Your transportaiton link has /tra at the end of the regular URL. (Our town's transportation link is http://luckey.myminicity.com/tra )
4. When you have enough industry, security opens up. Then environment, then business. As our city hasn't reached this point yet, I will write more about these when they open up.
1. Visit your city's links daily. Though your clicks only count once a day, you can do them every day - thus ensuring your population will go up at least a bit. If you can get your friends interested in being citizens and get them to click daily as well, so much the better!
2. Visit other towns and leave messages on their boards. Though this seems counter intuitive (as visiting their town URL will add a person to their population, and move them up on the ladder), it will get the name of your town out there and get you more visitors. Check the most popular cities and leave your city name and a greeting of some sort on their message board. A cute or witty saying might make people more inclined to check your city out.
3. Population is key to your city's growth , and also to making it list higher on the most popular cities.
4. If you choose a less populated country, you have less competition. The top city in Tanzania only has 180 citizens, while in the United States the top city has 20,521 people.
5. Trade links with your friends! Help each others cities grow. Form alliances.
6. Join minicity.gather.com and list your city with us!
So who is playing? What are your cities? Are there any hints I missed? Let me know!
This is Luckey at the moment: