Christmas is a time of year observed, in one way or another, by many people around the world. There are some who do not observe this holiday at all; there are others who go all out - way far out.
Some people who do regard Christmas as a special time of year are, nevertheless, unhappy with one or another aspect of it. Perhaps, they believe, Christmas would be better if certain features, or customs, were removed, or others added.
Here is your chance to voice your personal views on what might make Christmas more enjoyable for all.
The following are a few things I personally, would remove:
1. Santa Claus and his various incarnations.
2. Scrawney little elves.
3. Believing the north pole is somewhere other than in the middle of the Arctic ocean.
4. Plastic Christmas trees and all their gaudy ornaments.
5. Presents that we can ill afford and that nobody wants anyway.
6. Giving out of feeling obligated.
7. Drinking until we fall over.
8. Stupid Christmas songs played over loud speakers & on the radio.
9. Consuming huge quantities of fat foods, then falling asleep or throwing up.
10. Telling lies to little children.
11. Thinking that Christmas is in some way related to Jesus Christ.
12. Wishing people "Merry Christmas" when we don't mean it.
13. Sending cards only to those who sent us one last year.
14. Watching the same old movies on TV year after year after year.
15. Rudolph the damned red-nosed reindeer.
16. Artificial snow in south Florida.
Here is one thing I would add:
Remember that there are other people - Jews, Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. - who do not usually observe Christmas, but who do have their Holy Days too.