Don't be caught without a topic!
On the radio, whoaa-oohh:
- Don Imus will be back on the air (NPR)
- Indian leaders win concessions from KQRS (MPR)
- According to The Splendid Table's Web Producer (and my cube neighbor) Jeff Harkness, this is the week Jane and Michael Stern "are boning up on their hip-hop" and invoke the term krunk...with a K. *coughing* They're talking about a fish sandwich. I think I'll have to hear it to believe it.
- South Carolina shrugs at Colbert (MPR's Polinaut - Comment away, Bob Collins thrives on your words.)
- "Sen. Norm Coleman called Rudy Giuliani 'ultimately electable,'" (MPR) That's "electable," to you sassy readers out there.
- There's a great photo of Minneapolis City Council Member Gary Schiff on Halloween. Does your city council member have a sense of humor? (Aaron Landry via Flickr)
Mix & Match:
- Can't sleep, digital marketers will eat our kid's social network information (Marketplace commentary)
- The Vikings come from the land of ice and snow! According to MPR's Tom Scheck, Andy Saur's Vikings quest (MPR) has succeeded and Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" filled the Metrodome dome dome. Hat tip, The News Grid
- Best for last: Deer cams showing up on hunting trails (MPR) Discuss.
Share your own conversation-starters suitable for Day of the Dead parties, that blind date, or to while away time in line at the coffee shop.