This post is going to be dedicated to tips for doing well with instant win games.
This are some things I picked up to improve my chances of winning. I'm not going to guarentee they'll work for everyone but most of these have worked for me.
1) Read instant win game rules carefully. Some prizes can't be traded in for the cash value. Some require you send back a form for tax purposes and as verification of winnings. Others like proof of age and address. Usually the ones that do are for larger items such as appliances, large cash amounts and electronics. Know what you are playing for or if it's worth taking the time to play.
I don't waste my time with games that are for free music downloads or items I can't redeem for cash if I don't like them. Of course if it's something you can use and like play any game you chose.
2) If you use a PO Box be warned that not all places that host instant win games will send them to PO Boxes alot of times you need a physical address.
3) If you found a time that works well stick with it. I've had some of my most frequent wins after midnight. I've had some of my largest wins recently in the early evening. Most instant wins are rounded to the closest time that they have random automatic win time schedualed. Find what works best for you and with certain companies.
4) If you play for someone in your family that's fine. Just make sure your not cheating to do so.(creating multiple emails to play more, faking your age and so on) I play for my husband frequently as well as myself.I use our address if they allow more then one player per household otherwise I use my mom's address for my wins and our address for my husband's wins.
* I don't feel there is a problem with using another address if your able to do so. I don't believe in saying your a 13 year old boy when in fact your a 36 year old woman just to recieve an ipod or anything like that.*
5) Make a print screen as proof of a win in case there is a problem and also to keep track of when the item should arrive approximitly to your house.Some companies occasionally (not to often) ask for proof of a win such as a print page or a print screen. This is very helpful if there would ever be an error on their part.
How to create a print screen and what a print screen is.
A print screen is a copy of the current browser you are on. For example If I made a print screen right now It would show this page as well as what I'm typing, the list of clubs I'm in, my address bar, winzy toolbar, and it would show everything I have in my task manager including the current time. (Also helpful to keep track of your best win times)
To make a print screen you must hit the ctrl (control button) and the print screen/sysRq key. The ctrl buttons are located on the bottom of your keyboard both on the right and left side. You'll only need to press one of them. The print screen key is located on the top right hand of the key board usually by the scroll lock key.
This then copies the current page into your clipboard. I like to keep my current months wins in a word document on my desktop. Just paste it in a word document and don't forget to save it to a place you will remember.
6) If you have a problem with an instant win game for example say you are suppose to match 3 like items and you do and it doesn't show up as a winner or state you won. Make a print screen and email the company and find out if there was an error or if something happened. Most times they give you the prize you won. I've had that happen a few months ago. The company got back to me within a day or so, emailed an apology asked for my address and sent my my 10.00 restraunt gift card along with another apology.This does happen occasionally. Don't be afraid to email and ask a question. Most companies are helpful.
7) Be persistant! There are days you will win nothing and days you'll win a few things or a very big prize. I play every day at least for an hour and occasionally I'll get discouraged after not winning anything. Then I take a break and come back to what I was doing another day. Occasionally I get lucky and win a prize not to long after that.
Those are some of the tips that really worked well for me.
Good luck everyone. If you have more tips please share!
I even keep some of my instant wins aside for holidays and birthdays if I won't be using them.I recently did this with a restraunt gift card. It made a great 50th birthday gift for my uncle since I wasn't thrilled with the restraunt when we went a month or so before that.