Are you searching for a snack during your walk? It is important that you understand that walking is an endurance sport and you need a lot more calories and energy than people who doesn't practice any exercise at all or those who choose for easy exercises. It is not recommended to eat snacks like chocolate; sweets with sugar because those doesn't give you the energy that you need during your walk.
The advantage of healthy snacks is that they add calories and nutrients like proteins, vitamins and carbohydrates to your diet in a minimum of time. It is recommended to eat a healthy snack an hour before you start with walking and it will give you the necessary energy during your walk. The same can be done after you walk to prevent overeating.
Yogurt and fruit are good snacks to start your day. The advantage of yogurt is that it keeps your digestive system healthy which is very important during your walk. It is the ideal snack that all the necessary nutrients can absorb in your body. There are many kinds of yogurt and a lot of them contain different kind of fruits which give some extra vitamins.
Spaghetti is a very good snack if you eat it without any sauce. Most people eat this delicious snack with some tomato or bolognese sauce but in this case you add too many calories and the healthy effect for your walking is disappeared.
A watermelon after your meal is very useful because it contains a lot of water and surely recommended to prevent dehydration.
It is very useful to walk with a backpack and fill in with some easy healthy snacks like:
- Dried fruit packages but avoid these which are filled with sugar like by example banana chips.
- Fresh fruit like apples but be sure that you wash this fruit first before you threw them in your backpack; or cut the fruit but add in this case some lemon juice
- Beef Jerky is a good choice because it is rich in protein and doesn't contain many calories and fat.
- A peanut butter sandwich is a good choice because this kind of butter has protein and fibre.
- Take also some carrots with you; this vegetable is rich in vitamin A and has many benefits for your blood sugar regulation.
Choices of enough for healthy snacks if you keep in mind that there is a mix of all the necessary nutrients like proteins, vitamins and carbohydrates.
Don't forget to take enough water with you because this is more important than the healthy snacks. Water protects you against dehydration and if you forget to drink enough of it there is a high chance that you get a lot of problems during your walk.
Healthy snacks,a must for a good walk!