Today I had lunch with friends and it was strange and uncomfortable. We have lived in the same area most all of our lives. We have seen marriages and divorces, kids being born, and even cried at sad movies together.
We all were escorted to the table and placed our orders. As we waited for the food to come I asked how everyone was and commented on a friends hair. She told me thank you and looked down, everyone did. When I reached to grab my water they looked amazed that water did not spurt out of my thyroid scar. (Or so it seemed) I asked what plans everyone had...Disney, Camping, Wisconsin. Nobody asked back.
Some very wise gather folks told me to speak up so I decided now was my time.
I listed 10 things....
1. Get my haircut short so I would not have to watch it falling out (think of how nice and cool it will be for summer)
2. Eat and be merry untill the 4th of June when I go on a low iodine diet
3. Plan for the reunion in Indy
4. Write alot and read more
5. Make sure Samantha has a great time in Florida (Do we have any gather folks that might say hi while she is there??)
6. Enjoy the garden with my soon to be freshman son
7. Make my chef to be son make shish ke bobs
8. Kiss and hug my kids to pieces untill they groan oh mom
9. Have radiation
Everyone kinda relaxed and they all appologized. They were stunned when I said I could not find my expiration date that was stamped on my butt. Thier questions were kinda weird.. but I told them to ask
How can you deal with this? My answer was simple What chocie do I have?
Are you scared? I don't care for pain, and it would be sad to have to call in dead to my next dentist appt.
Are you ok? hmmm now that one made me stop and think...Sometimes was my answer. Other times it is gather or ice cream that fixes things. (they will be joining the gather ranks)
Why? I answered this honestly-i have no idea or clue, it is not to be mean or punish me. Actually I have found grace that I never knew I had. (Now pass the ice cream)
Love you all