Okay Top Chef fans...the third season launches in less than a month. Top Chef Miami begins at 10 p.m. on June 13 on Bravo T.V.
Don't fear. Our favorite judge, Tom Colicchio, is back. Another Bravo TV favorite, Ted Allen, has been added. You remember Ted...the food and wine expert from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." Ted made a few guest appearances last year and did a good job. I think he'll mix it up a little with Tom.
You can check out a complete list of cast members at bravotv.com, but here are some of the contestants I predict will provide lively moments:
1. Camille owns a restaurant in Brooklyn. Her bio says she's fond of Latin spices and is all busienss. Her photo looks a little stern.
2. Casey looks like a friendlier sort. She's an executive chef at one of Texas' most successful restaurants and specializes in Mexican/Asian fusion.
3. Chris is a personal chef whose clients include Arianna Huffington. Enough said.
4. Clay describes himself as a good ole boy from Mississippi who says his talent is all natural...no professional training.
5. Dale is a fierce competition. When he's not cooking, he does gymnastics.
6. Howie, at first glance, puts me in mind of Mikey from season two. Not quite as refined as the others in the group shot. He's a Miami native.
7. Hung is an executive chef at one of Las Vegas' most expensive restuarants. He's trained in classic French and Asian cooking.
8. Sandee specializes in southern soul food. You'll be able to recognize her because of her very distinctive mohawk.
It will be interesting to see how the personalities mix. Chefs, draw your knife!