Quaker Oatmeal Chipper Skillet Cookie
Makes 8 Servings
- 1/2c (1 stick) Butter, Softened
- 1/2c Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4c Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 3/4c All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1-1/2c Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1c Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel or Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (Do not over bake as cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.) Cool about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with ice cream and, if desired, caramel topping.
I'm getting ready to make this right now. It looks delicious!
From Better Homes & Gardens