Getting To Know Me Quiz 2...CAUTION!
1. What is the silliest prank you ever played on someone?
The last prank I remember pulling on someone was at work a few months back. We were not allowed to use cell phones at work but everyone carried one except for me. The day my brothers were having kidney transplant surgery I asked a coworker if I could borrow her phone. I went to the restroom because that is where everyone went when they needed to make a call. When I came out I looked at her with this scared look. She asked where her phone was and I told her I had dropped it in the toilet. I even told her someone had apparently tried to call her because I heard it trying to ring in the water. She ask me why I didn't get it back. I told her that I wasn't sticking my hand in the toilet. I thought she was going to cry. I had her going for a good fifteen minutes.
2. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000?
As much as I hate Wal-Mart, and hate shopping, it is the only store in town to shop. Since I'm always broke I would stock up on all the basic supplies that I'm always out of and having to borrow from my parents. I'm sure it would be a full day event. I might even splurge on a digital camera for myself.
3. If money were not an object, what would you do with your life?
If money were not an object I would strive to be a tremendous force for mental health advocacy. I would want to travel around the country to educate children and adults alike on mental illness and the sad shape our system is in. Washington would definitely grow tired of my face. I would want to do whatever it took to raise awareness. And, of course, write till there were no tomorrow.
4. Which Gather member (and/or staffer) would you most like to meet in person?
I would love to meet everyone in my network and then some. I look forward to the day Gather throws a huge bash. I'll beg, borrow, and steal to make sure I get there. I can't wait to meet Stephen. "Hi, Stephen. I love you, man." I can't wait to meet Kathryn someday. Then there's Hannah. Yes, I have got to meet her. And then there is Ed and his wife. I bet they are a blast. I can't wait to meet Cathy, Nancy, and Tanja. I bet Faith, Clare, Laurie, and myself would be the female four stooges. I couldn't wait to tell Nathan how much I appreciate him. Mandi G. and Aileen can be such riots. I can't leave out Sandy with her honesty and guidance. I guarantee Mike Firesmith would be a scream. I couldn't forget Monica, one of the first people to comment on my very first article. The list goes on. Gosh, there are so many to mention. I want to meet you all. Please don't be mad if I left your name out.
5. Which Gather member would you most like to see get a book deal?
Me, of course. No, really, I'm just joking. I haven't even conceived of an idea for a book. Yet. I would love to see everyone who dreams of having a book published to be able to know the joy of something so monumental.
6. What is the weirdest thing you will ever admit to having done in the past?
7. What song best describes you when you first wake up in the morning?
"Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. If I'm not careful.
8. What place in the US would you most like to visit? Why?
This is a hard one. I've hardly been anywhere and there are so many places I would like to see that it's hard to choose. I'll say New Mexico because that is where Stephen lives. Yes, I am one of his groupies. I'd love to stop by and take him for a night out on the town or dance around his sombrero's in his garden.
9. What place outside of the US would you most like to visit? Why?
I would love to visit Rio de Janeiro. I need a vacation and they seem like they really know how to party there.
10. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke all the way, baby!
11. Is your calendar always on the correct month (or day, if it is a day calendar)?
I checked my calendar this morning. It is a wall calendar and still hanging on the month of January.
12. Desk: messy or organized?
I never clean anything in my house because of Gather. Why bother with my desk. But since I do live at it, it is probably the cleanest mess in the house.
13. Pet ownership – which is better? Dog or Cat?
I could never choose between them. I love them both the same. Both my cats and dog get along wonderfully. We're just one little happy family.
14. What is your favorite Gather Group (not owned by you)?
I like the two word challenge because it helps to wake up my sleepy brain.
15. Are you always early or terminally late?
I used to be, what I like to call, fashionably late. Now, I'm usually on time. My father has broke me. Being early is something I just can't fathom.
16. American Idol fan? If so, then – Elliott, Katharine, or Taylor?
I never watch this show. I'm always gathering.
17. What is your favorite book you read as a child?
Sadly, I don't remember. I was always swimming competitively from age six and up. If I wasn't practicing or competing, I was sleeping or eating.
18. What talent would Gather members be surprised to hear you have?
I think most already know this, but I can break wood with my Bruce Lee, Tae Kwon Do moves. Even though I haven't practiced this one in a while, I can funnel beer better than any teenager around.
19. Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life (pick for various stages if you like)?
I know someone has already said Drew Barrymore but I'm going to pick her too for my teenage years. Madonna for my adult life, even though her acting skills are not the best in the world, her personality fits me.
20. What is your all time favorite (clean) joke?
I racked my brain over for a good joke to share. Honestly, the only jokes I could come up with where filthy. I did place this one on my last, 100 Interesting Things About Me, list. I heard it on a radio station's quote of the day, "I'm not addicted to coke. I just like the smell of it."