Mandi got these questions from the group: Getting to know you. Another challenge to all:
1. What is the silliest prank you ever played on someone?
I've never been much for playing silly pranks, but one April's Fool's day my daughter decided to place saran wrap over the toilet. I was the one who happened to sit on the toilet and I hadn't looked or noticed. Not very nice!
2. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000?
Any store that sells computers, clothes, household items would suit me fine. I'd probably take an hour or two.
3. If money were not an object, what would you do with your life?
I would buy a nicer house in the country, with an inlaw suite in it for my dad, the house would have to be a bungalow with no stairs, and I'd have a few more dogs and cats to enjoy. I'd have a cottage up north on a lake that I could go to whenever I wanted. I'd put my children in music lessons, and pay for them to go to college. I'd take a trip to visit some special penpals or send them a ticket to come visit me. I'd take a special course on writing so that I could try to write a book…..and help my church family get their own church building. Hmmm, would I travel….I'd love to go to Scotland, and Australia for starters.
4. Which Gather member (and/or staffer) would you most like to meet in person? I'm not really sure, but perhaps Pam F. since I've known her the longest.
5. Which Gather member would you most like to see get a book deal?Besides me ?? Hannah, Monica, Pam…..ok it would be nice to see everyone get that chance.
6. What is the weirdest thing you will ever admit to having done in the past?
I don't remember ever doing anything weird…have to think on that one or check out my 100 interesting things.
7. What song best describes you when you first wake up in the morning? I'm not very good at thinking of the names of songs... and it depends on the day and how much sleep I got. Good Morning Sunshine…./...
8. What place in the US would you most like to visit? Why?
Texas to visit a penfriend I have there. Of course my dream would be to go to some place like maybe Hawaii.
9. What place outside of the US would you most like to visit? Why?
Scotland, Australia, Eastern Canada….I love all the stories I hear about them and the beauty of each place.
10. Coke or Pepsi?
Ice Tea…I'm really not into pop.
11. Is your calendar always on the correct month (or day, if it is a day calendar)?
Depends on which calendar I'm looking at. The one I write on is always write. Some of the others might not be right.
12. Desk: messy or organized? Messy ….sort of organized in piles.
13. Pet ownership – which is better? Dog or Cat?
I love both, but I've have to say dogs are my favourite pet..
14. What is your favorite Gather Group (not owned by you)? One about pets, or lakes.
15. Are you always early or terminally late?
Most of the time I like to arrive early, but there have been times recently when I continue to be late.
16. American Idol fan? If so, then – Elliott, Katharine, or Taylor?
I think Katharine should win.
17. What is your favorite book you read as a child?
Black Beauty ; I also loved the Nancy Drew Mystery books
18. What talent would Gather members be surprised to hear you have?none other than what I've listed….I'm not very talented.
19. Who would you want to play you in the movie about your life (pick for various stages if you like)? Oh my gosh, I'm not so sure I'd want anyone to play that part. How about Dolly Parton?
20. What is your all time favorite (clean) joke?
Ok so I'm not very good at jokes. I forget them as fast as I hear them.